If I knew what I knew now, I would never vote for war.
For me, the biggest source of income is still the cinema. Nothing (stocks, financial speculation, real estate speculation or companies) generates greater profits than I do when making movies.
I have 1,900 units, why do I need a 401 kilo?
Robert Kiyosaki, recent interview with Time magazine
To be honest, you must continue, since at night during the day, you cannot be a liar to any man.
From Robert Kiyosaki to Donald Trump, from the leaves of Robert Allen Carlton, from Dolph de Ross to Diane Kennedy, real estate investment is called a way for ordinary people who have time, money and patience to generate wealth.
But investing in real estate is the right means of wealth for everyone? If this one size fits all, the answer is yes. But then, the actions will be the ideal investment vehicle for everyone, and the discussion will end there. He has been investing in real estate since 1994. I have tried tenants trying to squat on my property, they have sued me, they have destroyed my unit, someone went to one of my buildings and they gave me my fair share of property managers approved roots.
If I knew that, then what I knew now, would I have bought the first property? The answer is yes. Real estate made me more than the stock market with less overall financial risk despite the headaches and there were many.
Five ways to find out if real estate investment is right for you.
1. Are you a good administrator of your personal resources or do you have large amounts of short-term debt? If the answers are “no” and “yes,” in that order, do not invest in real estate until you solve these problems. Real estate is not liquid. Once purchased, the reservation time for a new property can be much longer than expected. This means that your potential exposure to unplanned expenses on your property may be longer than expected. Significant amounts of short-term debt or the inability to plan your money in anticipation of expenses can turn your real estate investment into a financial nightmare.
2. Are you a team player and can you lead the team? Investing in real estate means partnering with others to ensure your success and recognize that your partners can know more than you. You will find real estate agents, real estate managers, lawyers, qualified men, plumbers, electricians, contractors, roofing, inspectors, mortgage brokers and appraisers. If you are a control freak, you prefer to work alone or you cannot be in direct contact with people when you work, then real estate investment may not be right for you.
3. Do you understand the type of investment you will make? Would you invest in cash flow or speculate with an estimate? Do you have the analytical tools to help you prepare a property model that you will buy?
4. Do you really understand that wealth creation in real estate occurs for many years and that you must “stay” in the first properties to build wealth? More than 20 years ago, I started baking bread. The guide I bought contains “a learning loaf,” which is a basic loaf in which I can practice kneading and mixing and still preparing an edible product. Its first characteristics will be “learning buildings”. As the initial learning curve passes, it will go on to the creation of wealth. In some markets, a property can produce appreciation returns that exceed expectations and create the illusion that the property produces instant cash. In my life I have seen two of these markets. Frankly, I don’t want to place my future financial well-being in my capacity in time markets. Developed investors have their basic investments, cash flow characteristics and properties that they make during cold or hot markets.
5. How do you respond to unpleasant commercial news? Does your general anger at the reaction fade into a feeling of helplessness or do you become a solution to the problems? The ability to solve problems is the key to having a successful business and investing in real estate is a business. Real estate is also a business for people, and by that I mean that the tenants are people and the service personnel that will work to market and market their real estate are people. If other people’s failures make you angry and angry, then real estate investment is not right for you. Tenants will not pay the rent, you have to fire them, your property manager will charge you market rates or higher for repairs, and you will not be able to market your property properly to keep it complete.
While real estate investment is an excellent way to generate wealth, real estate investment is not for everyone. It’s easy to “get a fever” and jump without looking, and the first step is to make sure you know yourself; These five mental points will help you achieve this goal.
The next step is to educate yourself about the local market, financing options, price and rentals. You can start by finding a local Cashflow or a real estate investment club. If you join a local real estate investment club, make sure that some members already own investment properties. In this way, the club will not be just an “aspiring” club.
Gather your team of real estate managers, accountants, brokers and agents. You will do it by interviewing the possibilities. Once you have made a decision about a team, you should still replace the members from time to time.